· 3 slices of Bacon thinly sliced crosswise · 2 Heads of Belgium Endive · 1 ½ cups sweet potato, peeled and cut into ¼ inch dice · 3 Tbs. Diced fresh chives · ¼ cup crème fraiche (can substitute with sour cream) · Salt and pepper to taste Directions
· 3 slices of Bacon thinly sliced crosswise
· 2 Heads of Belgium Endive
· 1 ½ cups sweet potato, peeled and cut into ¼ inch dice
· 3 Tbs. Diced fresh chives
· ¼ cup crème fraiche (can substitute with sour cream)
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Cook bacon in a sauté pan over medium heat until it has rendered some fat.
· Add potatoes and pinch of salt and pepper
· Cook, stirring, until sweet potato is tender and bacon is crisp
· Stir in chive and season with salt and pepper to taste
· Cut bottom inch off of endive and break leaves free.
· With a tablespoon, spoon potato mixture into the bottom of each leaf
· Top with a teaspoon of crème fraiche and top with remaining chives.
· Serve on platter
· 10-oz. Pkg. Frozen leaf spinach, thawed, squeezed dry and chopped
· 6-oz. Can artichoke hearts, thinly sliced and patted dry
· 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
· ¾ cup mayonnaise
· ¾ cup sour cream
· ½ tsp. salt
· ¾ tsp. pepper
· Preheat oven to 425 degrees
· Mix in a large bowl spinach, artichokes, ¾ cup Parmigiano, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper
· Transfer to a baking dish and top with remaining Parmigiano
· Bake until the inside is warm throughout and browns on top about 25 minutes.
· Cool slightly and serve
1. Drain any liquid from the mozzarella balls and put in a gallon size storage bag.
2. Add the tomatoes to the bag with the mozzarella.
3. Add the oil and coat the tomatoes and mozzarella
4. Add the remaining ingredients
5. Infuse for several hours
6. Pour the contents of the bag into a wire mesh strainer to drain off the olive oil.
7. Serve in martini glasses and garnish with chopped basil serve with a toothpick
Place the Mascarpone Cheese in a plastic sandwich bag twist bag closed around the cheese so that the cheese in the corner of the bag. Snip the corner of the bag and pipe (squeeze) the cheese into the center of the peppadew.
1 box of puff pastry (room temperature)
1/3 cup pesto (from the store is fine)
1 egg, lightly beaten